Wednesday 7 July 2010

Papal Visit - Yay, Birmingham here we come!


Number One Son will be pleased when he hears the good news. Our diocese has been allocated enough places for the Beatification at Cofton Park to enable all those who've signed up to be able to attend. I guess this might be because we are quite a long way away and more people have probably opted for the Hyde Park venue.

Mind you, the said son might not be quite so pleased to hear that departure time may well be between 3am and 5am!

Seriously though, I think he'd probably be prepared to go without sleep altogether to be able to see His Holiness during his visit.

We haven't been quite so lucky with places for Hyde Park but it looks as if quite of lot of those in our parish who said they were definitely interested in attending will be able to do so. It will probably come down to drawing names out of a hat in the end - a biretta, naturally!

1 comment:

kee said...

Hello there! Just a little note to say hello, new 'follower'! I think it sounds really funny and a bit mad that I have 'followers', but it's lovely to have you!
As regards the pregnancy, thank you for your kind wishes. I have been fine, thank God, but just in the last few days I've been experiencing some symptoms that I had towards the end of my last pregnancy, which resulted in me spending a long time away from my little boy. So I'm praying it will be different this time round.
Glad to hear you have tickets to see the Holy Father. My Mum and Dad went to see Pope JPII in Wembley back in 1982 when we lived in Purley and I can still remember feeling sad as his plane left for Rome at the end of the visit.