Tuesday 19 January 2010

The end of an era . . .

Just so long as they don't get rid of these, that's all I can say, or woe betide them!



It's just inconceivable . . . How can you have Easter without a Cadbury's Creme Egg? It would be like Shrove Tuesday without pancakes; a Christmas stocking without a bag of foil-wrapped chocolate coins or a birthday without a cake and candles.

To me, Kraft is synonymous with anaemic-looking triangles of 'a strange substance' masquerading as cheese. (This was a great treat in our house when I was a child!) Maybe creme eggs will 'morph' into triangular-shaped chocolate treats, a cross between a Dairylea cheese triangle and a piece of Toblerone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm out to buy a supply of Cadbury's eggs at the crack of dawn ! It dosn't sound right Kraft eggs.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I love Cadbury's Cream eggs.

Did you see Nick Clegg on TV today? Here's a bit from the BBC Website: "Gordon Brown has been criticised after it was revealed the taxpayer-owned Royal Bank of Scotland is funding the takeover of Cadbury by a US company.

Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg said it was "plain wrong" the bank was lending money to Kraft, as its takeover could end up costing UK jobs."

Full story here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8470776.stm

Thank you Miss Ellen for your comment on my Blog. The matter has been dealt with.

God bless you.

Dominic Mary said...

I have to admit that I dislike Cream Eggs - but then I dislike all milk chocolate : and don't revile me for that; look at it this way - more for you !

Seriously; my experience of Kraft in the US is that they won't get rid of any line which makes them money - that is, after all, why they have bought Cadbury's; to make money. (And is why RBS is apparently lending them money to do it; because it makes the bank money to repay the taxpayer's funding of it.)

Looking on the positive side, parents may like to hope that Kraft Macaroni Cheese arrives in the UK - quick, nutritious, and actually rather tasty . . . and almost unbelievably cheap (and easy enough for any child over five to make for him/herself) !

Idle Rambler said...

If I'm totally honest, Dominic Mary, then I too usually choose dark chocolate, preferably Belgian or Swiss but there's something about a Cadbury's Creme Egg that's just synonymous with Easter - even if you struggle to actually eat a whole one :-)

I enjoy macaroni cheese though, but preferable home-made - it's easy enough to 'knock together' in a few minutes.

Fr Joseph OP said...

Triangular Chocolate 'Egg'? Hmm well it would be rather trinitarian and being Easter and all, that can only be a good thing :)

(I jest, save Cadbury's Eggs!)

Idle Rambler said...

CWA - LOL!