Thursday 28 January 2010

What all the best shoppers are wearing . . .

Are you wondering why the beautiful blonde on the left is sitting on a tree-trunk in the middle of a field in her PJs?

Or maybe why the other equally attractive young woman is wearing what looks like boots with her pyjamas?

You're obviously not 'on trend' as they say! It's obvious, isn't it? Girl number one has just stopped for a moment to think about her shopping list en route to Tesco's and the other young woman is just getting ready to go out and tackle the weekly shop! It's what all the best dressed shoppers are wearing this season, didn't you know?

I can't say I was terribly surprised to see this fun news item on BBC's web site today. Apparently a Tesco Store in Cardiff has had to put up a sign asking customers not to come into the store in their nightwear. What I find depressing though is that one of the women interviewed seemed unable to understand why this might be inappropriate. D'oh!

9 comments:

Catholic Student said...

I would like to say that not all people in Cardiff go shopping in pyjamas... some of us have standards!

Idle Rambler said...

Oops, sorry Catholic Student. I hope you realised that wasn't intended as a slur on the good people of Cardiff :-) It might just as well have been anywhere in the British Isles from Penzance to Stornoway. I expect even as I type there all people all over Britain trudging their way in their slippers to their nearest supermarket. Makes you appreciate online shopping, eh?

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha!! Americans shop in their pj's too; only, I've never seen a store ban the wearing of pj's. You're one step ahead of us! :)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What about Rab C Nesbitt's vest?

(I bet your American readers don't know what I'm talking about).

God bless.

Anonymous said...

True, I have no idea. :) I'll check google for it right now.

Anonymous said...

Okay that really made me laugh!!

breadgirl said...

Good morning Miss Ellen E
I live in Wales (not Cardiff though) and I read about that in our local paper. I have never noticed anyone shopping in their P Js but I know someone who sometimes puts her clothes on over her nightdress and goes off to shop. Her horrified daughter once said to her "What if you had an accident & had to be taken to hospital?" Her answer to that was "Well, then I'd be properly dressed for the hospital, wouldn't I?" Seriously though, you wouldn't think people would have to be reminded to dress properly . Common sense, self respect, and good manners should tell us, I think. I heard a man on the radio say that he regularly shops in his P Js and he was highly offended that he should be told not to! Oh well, to each his own, I guess. God bless you, Miss Ellen E and all night attired shoppers, too.

Idle Rambler said...

Yes, Victor, I'd have to say Rab's string vest is 'right up there' with the PJs and fluffy slippers for me as to what NOT to wear to the supermarket!

Dominic Mary said...

In view of what I have seen some people wearing (or perhaps not wearing) in my local Tesco, at least in the summer months, I'd have thought pyjamas would have been totally acceptable - they'd certainly cover more flesh than a microskirt and crop-top vest !