Sunday 10 January 2010

Wot, no Catholics? !

Has anyone else spotted this?

Thanks to a comment on Twitter by @digitalnun I followed her link to this blog and finally to here to read about the appointment a few days ago by Communities Secretary, John Denham, of 13 'Faith Advisers' to 'encourage a deeper and broader relationship between Government and faith communities'

Yes, they're all represented - Church of England, Baptist, Evangelical/Pentecostal, Jewish, Muslim, Sikh, Hindu . . . all right and proper too. I'm all in favour of the Government encouraging good relations between themselves and the faith communities but it does seem to have some noticeable omissions.

I suppose the Catholic Church doesn't qualify as a 'faith community' for some reason? Maybe we're all lumped together under the the umbrella of Christianity?

Maybe, if you have several Christians of other denominations among their number, it's not necessary to have any Catholics to put forward their point of view?

I'm really not trying to be negative, just curious.

1 comment:

Mary said...

this is very entoresting but I like the pitcher. So don't be surprised that it might come up in my post some time