Friday 24 September 2010

Comings and Goings at 'ours' . . .


Sometimes it does feel as if a stranger walking into our house might think they'd walked into Croydon Bus Station (for want of a better example!) by mistake.

The Pater Familias travels a lot on business, and friends, seeing me on my own, are in the habit of asking me, 'so where is he this time, then?'

This evening the PF is, as I type, on his way back from Heathrow, Our Eldest is busy packing for a pilgrimage leaving tomorrow and Our Youngest is due back at the end of the week. Sr Anastasia was with us last week and will be back to see us some time in the next 3 months, we hope.

Update: Since I began this little post, I have discovered that the PF has squeezed in another little trip in between his usual monthly disappearances - he coyly informed me as he put down his flight bag that he's off again on Monday until the end of the month.

Is it worth even laying the table for him, I wonder?

I'm not complaining, you understand. Our married life has been 'ever thus' and I don't know that I'd know quite how to deal with a stationary family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please lay the table for the PF, put out his heated slippers ,and have his favourite ' tipple ' poured. I somehow feel he's a real gentleman and deserves the very best.