Sunday 19 September 2010

Four Amazing Days . . .

Sorry, I've been very quiet this week. I'm sure there's no need to explain why!

I've been totally immersed in the Papal Visit. Having been involved at parish level for several weeks it seems to have loomed large for quite a while but nothing could have prepared me for the amazing scenes and emotions of the last four days.

I cannot find the words to express what an amazing, inspirational time it has been. Everything else has been shelved as I've been glued to the TV and computer, following every moment of the visit of the Holy Father. For the first time it's also been possible to follow people's personal reactions via Twitter as the events unfolded, and what a difference that has made. For me this added another dimension to the whole experience.

I didn't go to either Hyde Park or Birmingham myself though Our Eldest went to Cofton Park today and, of course, had a fantastic day. It was well worth leaving in the early hours of the morning (though I'm not sure many would have agreed before the coach left!)

I've put together a slide show of some of my favourite photos from the various news sites, focusing mainly on the pilgrims. I hope you recognise the sound track; Cor ad Cor Loquitor from the CD given to all pilgrims.

2 comments:

kee said...

I'd been wondering how you were getting on! We were following the Papal visit over here too and sharing in the excitement. I think the rest of the world finally got an insight into the real Pope Benedict.
Love the pictures you chose.

breadgirl said...

Hello Miss Ellen E

Thank you so very much for this absolutely beautiful post. It was just a fantastic four days wasn't it? For me, since my blog deals mainly with victims of divisions of chursh and state, I was uplifted to see such warm and friendly meetings between Our beloved Queen and our beloved Pope. And also with the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Anglican Bishops. Ah, Miss Ellen E, the Holy Spirit will guide us all if we allow ourselves to be guided.

Thank you for a lovely, touching video. God bless you, Miss Ellen E.