Thursday 30 September 2010

October - the month of the Rosary . . .

October is almost upon us and with it an emphasis on the Holy Rosary. I was trying to think of something new to say about the Rosary but I soon gave that up! After all, why does it have to be something new?

I'm not really up to long theological explanations so I just thought I'd list some of the occasions and places that I find to pray the Rosary. Who knows, it might inspire someone to do likewise.

In church as part of my personal prayer (often said 'on my fingers' rather than on my rosary beads)
In church as part of a communal praying of the Rosary.
In bed before going to sleep.
In bed in the wee small hours of the morning when sleep escapes me.
Out walking.
On the train and on the bus.
Sitting at the computer.
Using the iRosary App on my phone.

So, you see, for me I can pray the Rosary anywhere . . and I do. It's the first prayer I think of when I want to pray for a particular intention.

There are a lot of beautiful videos that can be used for meditation whilst praying too. Here's an example.

No comments: