Thursday 2 September 2010

What day is it? . . .


I know I'm not the only one who finds Bank Holidays quite disorientating. It usually takes me until the Friday of the week following a Bank Holiday Monday to realise which day it is. Add to that the change of month and the end of the Summer holidays for the schools and I'm fast approaching chaos.

It's amazing how just turning the calendar over a page can make such a difference. August has passed at a wonderfully leisurely pace on the whole but today was busy, busy, busy; beginning with the extra traffic on the roads this morning.

I had wanted to write a few lines about some of the recent feast days but I'm afraid I've missed the boat.

Mac over at Mulier Fortis has an interesting post on Saint Anne Line whom she has taken as her Patron Saint.

It always makes me smile when I read in the ordo ' Sts Margaret Clitherow and Anne Line, married women . . . . , Martyrs.' It's almost as if being a married woman is a cause for canonisation and even martyrdom. I know sometimes some of us married women might agree with the sentiment! (Just joking, Dearest).

No comments: