Saturday 7 March 2009

2nd Sign of Spring ...

You may remember I mentioned seeing some Spring-like activity in our local area a few days ago ... well today I saw another sign of Spring - and this time a more universally acknowledged one (I sound like Jane Austen!)

They're not brilliant pictures but I saw this bruiser of a bumblebee in our church porch this morning and just had to snap him as proof. The first photo is a funny shot - it almost looks as if he's looking out of the window - maybe wondering, ' Shall I go back to sleep again?'

3 comments:

the mother of this lot said...

Looks like he's staggering to me. A bit like the Father of This Lot on a Saturday night.

Actually, any night, now I come to think of it.....!

The Vintage Kitten said...

Oh god its huge. I once lent on a wasp that had landed on my desk and it stung my elbow, it really hurt! It was the last thing it did because I had managed to squash it!

The Vintage Kitten said...

Hi Miss Ellen E, Yes thats the view from my front door. It is beautiful, but being so open and on high ground it does get VERY cold. Cant wait for summer as its been a long winter (Its been snowing again today). Thankyou for popping by X