Monday 2 March 2009

Lenten Devotions

After a few light-hearted posts - nothing wrong with smiling (!) I thought it was about time I wrote something a bit more serious.

We are fortunate in our parish that during Lent we have the opportunity to go to both Rosary and Benediction and Stations of the Cross every week; Rosary and Benediction on Sunday afternoons and Stations of the Cross on Friday evenings.

I've noticed that as the weeks go on the numbers tend to increase at both devotions, as word gets around maybe.

I find both of these are very important in my Lenten preparation. They provide a much-needed oasis of calm in a fairly busy life and help me to focus on what is really important.

Unfortunately we had to miss the first Stations of the Cross on Friday as we had a minor crisis to deal with at home (all sorted out now, DG!) I did manage to make Rosary and Benediction on Sunday though which was as prayerful as ever. Our PP had to manage without any altar servers as those who would normally attend were busy at the Cathedral. We have a few faithful servers who come along to Benediction most Sunday afternoons.

No comments: