Sunday 15 March 2009

Grumpy old woman ...

I have a dreadful feeling that I'm turning into a real-life 'Grumpy Old Woman.'

The Mass that we go to on a Sunday is usually a lively one as we have a choir with quite a number of young members and a lot of young families in the congregation. This has always been one of the reasons we enjoy this Mass but I've noticed that the noise levels before and after Mass seem to be increasing. I wonder if today's Gospel reading will have any effect. (The Cleansing of the Temple). It certainly sounded a bit like a market place before Mass in our church today!

By contrast, in the afternoon, we had a beautiful, prayerful half an hour with the Holy Rosary followed by Benediction.





Thank goodness, the Grumpy Old Woman didn't hang around too long!

2 comments:

the mother of this lot said...

I don't mind children talking - it's the adults that turn it into a henhouse that drive me mad!

Idle Rambler said...

MOTL, you hit the nail right on the head.