Sunday 18 October 2009

Aahhh - Beautiful Benediction . . .


I've not long since got back from Rosary and Benediction.

I always enjoy this devotion. N0 matter how busy a Sunday or weekend it's been, it provides a little oasis of calm in the middle of the afternoon and I come away calm and refreshed, ready to tackle the rest of the day.

Today was extra special as our organist was able to play for us and we sang O Salutaris; Tantum Ergo;and Adoremus in Aeternum - you can't beat a little bit of Latin now and again!

Afterwards no-one is ever in a hurry to rush you away and as our organist quietly played Schubert's Ave Maria, the altar servers reverently cleared the altar and many people stayed behind to continue praying. Ah, bliss . . .

3 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Tantum Ergo is one of my favourites. Pity we no longer have Latin Masses.

A Polish Church near us celebrates Mass in Latin but I've never been.

Idle Rambler said...

I've never been either Victor but our older son is a great enthusiast of the Extraordinary Form.

Catholic Student said...

I LOVE LATIN!

Was that a little too enthusiastic?!

The last Benediction I went to was when the relics were in St David's Cathedral.

I have no excuse for not attending regularly though, the cathedral has regular Benediction in the week...

...as for the EF it is so beautiful.