Saturday 31 October 2009

Garden in Autumn . . .

I didn't have time today to go far to enjoy the beautiful Autumn day but I did manage to step outside the back door . . .


When I got back from work at lunchtime, the PF was busy collecting leaves in the front garden, but luckily hadn't touched the back so it was still a beautiful carpet of leaves (well, rug really, it's only a small garden.)

If there's one plant in our garden that really deserves its place it's the fuchsia. This plant has been flowering all summer and is still going strong. Luckily it seems to thrive on neglect too!



My final comment on the garden today - At the same time as the trees are becoming bare and bedding plants are really looking sad if, like me, you haven't yet got around to replacing them them with bulbs or winter bedding, isn't it fantastic to see signs already of new growth in other areas? Just look at the buds on this camellia - even allowing for losing some through frost, I'm looking forward to a good show in very early Spring.

How can you not see God's hand in all this?

No comments: