Friday 2 October 2009

It's no good, I couldn't keep away . . .

Gosh, where to start?

I must admit I've enjoyed a little break from posting but recently have just felt there are so many things I wanted to blog about - mainly our recent holiday.

We drove to Prague with some very good friends - when I say 'we' I mean the menfolk took it turns whilst we 'girls' sat in the back seat giving 'advice' !! We had a very good journey stopping overnight in Cologne on the way there and again on the return journey and had a great time.

Talk about coincidences - when the Pater Familias and number one son joined a pilgrimage to the Holy Land in May they were following in the footsteps of Pope Benedict all the way. In one of the hotels they stayed in, the Holy Father had been there the previous day.

Naturally in Prague we visited the church of Our Lady of Victory where the statue of the Infant of Prague is situated. We couldn't help but notice that there were posters outside the churches publicising the visit of Pope Benedict just a few days after us.

Friends and family reading this will recognise the Pater Familias in this shot kneeling in almost the same spot as the Holy Father would be kneeling a few days later.

The beautiful altar to Ste Thérèse- again particularly apt at this time when her relics are touring the UK.

The magnificent High Altar.

And a slightly clearer picture of 'The Infant of Prague.'

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so glad you are back!!! and I hope you know I missed you and your post.

Idle Rambler said...

Mary,
Thanks . . . and thanks for missing me! Sorry to read you're going through a tough time at the moment.
Keeping you in my prayers.