Wednesday 17 March 2010

Happy St Patrick's Day!

I always feel a bit of a fraud on St Patrick's Day. I haven't a drop of Irish blood in me, as far as I'm aware but being a Catholic, in this country at least, seems to mean celebrating St Patrick's Day.

I'm very happy to join in the celebrations and am always made to feel very welcome as 'Irish for the day'. So I'll raise a glass to all my Irish friends and wish you all a very Happy St Patrick's Day.

I hope you enjoy this haunting rendition of St Patrick's Breastplate. It was either this or Glorious St Patrick. I couldn' t make up my mind so I hope I've made the right choice!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

An American once told me that there are only two races in the world....those who are Irish and those who wish they were! :-)
But thanks for sharing the day.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy St Patrick's Day to you and your family.

May God bless you always.

Anonymous said...

And 'your good health ' too. We had a beautiful Mass at our Church and sang 'Hail Glorious St Patrick'with real feeling. What a delight to attend Mass at the Oratory; it's a beautiful Church.