Sunday 14 February 2010

More on 'lurve' . . .

Looking back on my post the other day on St Valentine's Day, I thought I might have come across as a bit 'holier than thou' so just to put the record straight here are a few quotes I found on the subject of 'lurve'. Mostly humorous (at least they made me smile!) but some are just plain ol' sentimental. That to me is what St Valentine's Day is all about.

I hope you have the sort of Valentines' Day you'd wish for; be it a romantic evening in, a slap-up dinner out somewhere grand or maybe even decorating the spare room together or perhaps just ignoring it altogether - each to their own.

Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love. ~Albert Einstein

I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.
~Author Unknown

You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip
. ~Jonathan Carroll

Love is much nicer to be in than an automobile accident, a tight girdle, a higher tax bracket or a holding pattern over Philadelphia
. ~Judith Viorst, Redbook, 1975

Love is a game that two can play and both win
. ~Eva Gabor

Without love, the rich and poor live in the same house.
~Author Unknown

We don't believe in rheumatism and true love until after the first attack
. ~Marie Ebner Von Eschenbach

Sometimes we make love with our eyes. Sometimes we make love with our hands. Sometimes we make love with our bodies. Always we make love with our hearts
. ~Author Unknown

Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly
. ~Rose Franken

I've always said, love wouldn't be blind if the braille weren't so damned much fun.
~Armistead Maupin,

2 comments:

Mary said...

I do love some of them. I'm going to e-mail mom them I think she will get a good laugh out of some of them

Mary

breadgirl said...

Hello Miss Ellen E

I know that I am a day late but I loved this post anyway. Some great quotes there! Thanks for passing them on. I hope you had a nice day, fully aware of the love of someone special.

Since we are on the topic of love, I posted a video on a wonderful Polish lady whose love was so great that she risked her life saving thousands of Jewish children during WWII. That certainly was love, big time, wasn't it? You might like to have a look at the video. If you haven't already heard about her, I know you'll be impressed. I posted the video today because this lady was born 100 years ago today. Take care, Miss Ellen, and God bless you.