Wednesday 17 February 2010

'The sun has got his hat on . . . '

What a fantastic day it was in 'Sunny Surrey' today!

I somehow feel a little bit guilty about being happy on Ash Wednesday. But then again, we are told in today's Gospel, 'When you fast do not put on a gloomy look as the hypocrites do . . . '

The weather forecast at the beginning of the week was rain/sleet/snow all week. I don't mind the experts getting it wrong when we end up with a glorious day like today. The sun certainly did 'have his hat on' in this part of the world - all day.

Coming out of Mass this morning, I decided I'd go to the local garden centre and buy some pansies to cheer up the garden. Naturally, they were doing a roaring trade as this must be the first decent day we've had so far this year.

I managed to do quite a bit of 'tidying up' in the front garden and now we have some lovely big pots of pansies all ready to burst into colour at the first sign of any more sunshine. Photos to follow once they've had a chance to settle in. Oh, God is good!

I hope you enjoy the video. It's the obvious choice :-)



3 comments:

Dominic Mary said...

I trust they were purple pansies ?

Idle Rambler said...

Well, those that are brave enough to show their faces in this chilly weather certainly include purple in their number :-)

Back to normal weather-wise today - hailstones on the way home!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a wonderful video. I've just knocked over a chair whilst dancing ... and I played it twice!

God bless.