Saturday 6 February 2010

Roll on Spring!

I was getting fed up with the picture of the snow at the top of my blog. It was making me feel depressed every time I looked at it and I was sitting shivering at my keyboard!

The new picture was taken at Alderley Edge in Cheshire a couple of years ago, at around this time of year - probably about 3 weeks later in the year. Actually yesterday was a lovely sunny day here and I was hoping to take a few photos for the blog but didn't manage to fit it in after all.

Looking around the garden now that the snow has gone, there are signs of life - lots of bulbs appearing. I love this time of year when we begin to see the new growth after a long, grey winter.

Among the earliest bulbs to flower in our garden are a little clump of daffodils right by the front door. It really cheers you up when you put your key in the door. They are always out well before St David's Day. Here's a photo taken in February last year.

3 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

This winter seems to have been longer than most - and colder too!

God bless.

Catholic Student said...

Ah daffodils, there's nothing quite like them!

One knows it's Spring in Wales by the sheer amount of 'yellow' that springs up, seemingly over night! Even in Cardiff!

Mary said...

I love your blog's new pitcher. I like to see that spring is coming snon, and you are righr there for it. Thanks for putting a smile on my face and I don't have to look at snow all over the blogs I read.