Saturday 27 February 2010

Multi-tasking . . .

I wonder, were you watching this today?

Or maybe, this was the focus in your house?

Maybe you took the opportunity whilst the menfolk were otherwise engaged to go out for a bit of this?

. . . and possibly some of this too?


Well, I did that thing that we women are supposed to be good at and managed to do a bit of 'all of the above'. I say, 'supposed' to be good at, as the Pater Familias always thinks it's a great joke and a bit of an 'urban myth'!

I had to make a few journeys in the car and managed to get a fair of idea of what was happening in the sporting arena today thanks to good old Radio Five Live. Then naturally, having to go to the shopping centre, I had to stop for the obligatory cappuccino! Once home, I managed to sit at the computer with the pop-out screen of the live streaming of the Rugby whilst still listening to the radio and dipping in now and again to the live text commentary of the football. Phew, it can be very confusing, especially when you have calls on your mobile and Skype at the same time!

What struck me about all of this, was the fact that the Rugby was all about the game, the teams, Twickenham etc. but the focus on the Chelsea/City match was all about action off the pitch. All eyes were trained on the pre-match handshake. Look at the photo above. I wonder what the young mascot made of it all.

No comments: